gauge of 4 hdc = 1"
I used acrylic worsted weight yarn, 4 ply/ 10 ply, mainly scraps.
G or H hook, depending on how tightly/loosely you crochet.
- Use the magic loop technique or using a G or H hook chain 4, join in a loop and chain 3 stitches.
- Make 2 hdc in loop, ch 2, (3 hdc, ch 2)x3, slip stitch in the top of beginning ch 3.
- Ch 3, hdc in next 3 sts, 2 hdc in space, ch 2, 2 hdc, hdc in next 2 stitches, hdc on the ch 3 from last round, ch 3, turn.
- Hdc in next 5 sts, 2 hdc in next space, ch 2, 2 hdc, hdc in next 5 sts, hdc on the ch 3 from the last round.
- Continue in this manner for 25 rounds, or until square measures 12". If it doesn't quite measure 12 inches, add one more row: sc across in each stitch till the ch 2, in the ch 2, 2 sc, ch 3, 2 sc, sc in each remaining stitch till the end of the row.
- Fasten off.