JTPhillips Illustration and Crafts at Etsy

pinterest

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Charity Knitting/Crochet: blanket squares, hats, etc

Bah. My family members don't really want handmade things for christmas, or at least EVERY year they say so.

I decided that I have a ton of acrylic and wool yarn, and nothing to do with them, and a bit of spare time, so I'm going to make blanket squares, hats, mittens, sweaters, and other miscellany for various charities.

I mean, this is what I'm doing when I"m not drawing or job searching or doing things with family. Or cleaning.

Here are some of the things I've made since earlier this month.
I was supposed to be doing inktober but that didn't go over so well. Too many interruptions. Anyway I'll post a link to my tumblr page when I have all my inktober pictures together. In any case, here are what I have so far.





Ah, I have a mitten pair or two that wasn't included, then a WIP vest, and a ton of squares.

Charities these items are going to:
http://www.afghansforafghans.org
http://friendsofpineridgereservation.org/
http://www.knit-a-square.com/

If you knit, crochet, sew, or just have extra money to give to charity, check out these charities too.
I have a slight shortage of wool but I"m looking for places I can donate acrylic items and school supplies.
I am looking to write up patterns for simple squares soon.

Sigh. Shipping is going to be intense, as I'm on a budget and only temp jobs at the moment.
Whatevs.

-MNR

No comments:

Post a Comment