JTPhillips Illustration and Crafts at Etsy

pinterest

Sunday, March 24, 2013

The idea of weaving.

Hello! I"m back.

Busy with school. Trying to get art internships. Very hard.
Right now, I'm taking a small break, as it is sunday and have done a bit of homework.

Lately, I have been spinning cotton on spindles I've made myself! Its a "green" cotton, 4 oz, but to everyday people it looks tan. I'm making it into sport/fingering weight yarn. I don't know why I am compelled to spin it so thin. Maybe because I see everyone else online spinning their threads that thin or thinner.

I've been spinning for a few months. I believe, since summer of last year. Its so fun and calming to watch a huge cloud of fiber turn into thread or yarn, a  more useable form.

I like the idea of growing your own fiber though.... call me crazy.

I've been making this japanese thread crochet dress pattern. I feel its very mori kei or classic lolita, and is just the thing to go over more plain outfits. Of course, I had to do quite a bit of math. If you want to make it, chances are, if you're not 34" bust, you're going to have to recalculate the size. http://gosyo.co.jp/english/pattern/eHTML/ePDF/1110/4w/211s-11_Amijin_Cotton_Buttoned_Tunic.pdf Its from Pierrot Yarns. I want to try their yarn one day. Their english site is here. http://gosyo.shop.multilingualcart.com/.

I am mainly working on larger drawing and sculpture  projects rather than a few sketches. I need to draw MUCH more. But me working on projects 7 days of the week is a start, even if I do stop to play videogames.
Working on a comic, and  an art robot sculpture that requires me to know about electrodynamics and basic physics/mechanics. Ugh.... probably should go to the sculpture studio tonight to work on it.

-MNR

No comments:

Post a Comment