JTPhillips Illustration and Crafts at Etsy

pinterest

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Computer broke and the community's issues...

My computer broke. I'm sad.

Right now I have a loaner computer. But for at least 3 days I was SO bored because I couldn't get my computer fixed and do stuff like play games. I wasn't even productive. Something is wrong with the hardware.

On another note,
A week or so ago, I learned that the site Milanoo.com is a scam site. They make horrible clothing and then when you try to get a refund (if you've seen some of the clothing that they send you!) they will fight you all the way, and have to involve PayPal. I've heard some horror stories on the main egl group on livejournal. I'm so worried because I purchased this dress form them.  http://www.milanoo.com/p16634.html
I fear they won't give me a refund and I will have to check round the clock to make sure that I at least fight for it, and I may lose. I heard that they run out the time that you may file a claim, so you can't get a refund. I've seen the horrible dresses they send, and heard about the horrible customer service.
I want out of this bad deal.

Lolita is so expensive that getting a new dress is a really big deal and it had damn well better fit and look right. I've gotten ebay dresses that look decent and cute for less than $60 dollars. Soft fabric, lining, no nasty lace, etc. So Milanoo has no excuse.

I really want my $50 dollars back, so I can purchase some dresses from Fan+Friend or Bodyline. Before my computer broke, I was searching and found some dresses and skirts on Bodyline that can be modified. Everything there is usually a medium. (or really ugly looking... only a few though). I found some things that have shirring or elastic waist or a waist that can be modified by a few inches. Fan+Friend is really plus-sized friendly. I am pleased with them. However the $20 shipping isn't fun.

I need to really stop reading things on livejournal. The people at the plus sized lolita group told me not to look. I looked. I can't help my curiousity!!! It is one of my many curses.
Those people there in that lolita bashing community, 99.2% of them have ugly hearts, no matter what brand their wearing and how 'perfect' they are, they're always gonna be ugly, sad people. There's a difference between venting and trolling/trying to bring people down to make yourself feel better.

That being said, there's such a thing as ita lolita. I may be ita sometimes. I'll admit. But I believe in trying to conform to the rudiments of the style. The point is to TRY, and have fun doing so. It is definitely not about the clothes. It's about being a princess, or a doll, or a little girl, or a LADY inside, and showing that to other people.
(BTW, ita lolita refers to 'painful' in japanese. It's a term adopted by the lolita subculture to describe coordinates that don't coordinate, ugly clothes, too much lace or ugly patterns, or unflattering clothing.)

Things like that make me hesitant to join the wider lolita community, because this ugly nature isn't just kept to groups like this. I've seen some ugly comments on blogs and forums. I'm going to work on steering clear of these ugly people. But I always seem to find them eventually, is the horrible thing.

Hopefully I will have time to show pictures of my dresses tonight. I do have a major project in game design that will take 2 months and intense communication with my group. Therefore, I won't get to draw or anything. It is a 2d pygame game. Thank god I am not coding, but I will be one of two artists, in a group of 6. I am hoping to get along with everyone decently, and to draw the best I can. I aim to be a concept artist. And here is what we are doing, so this should be great experience. I just hope I can keep up. They're a really intense game design group, in that they want perfection and portfolio-worthy things.
That is a respectable goal. However, I want to SLEEP sometime this year.

I think I will post my lolita clothing drawings on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment