JTPhillips Illustration and Crafts at Etsy

pinterest

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Long time no see

I've been drawing more and more lolita designs as of late.
Lolita is an expensive style, even if you're not buying the 200 dollar dresses from overseas. Fabric is expensive. Broadcloth tends to be $2.50 a yard or more. I need at least 2 yards to make a jumperskirt.  I am working on a black pinafore style, and taking tips from this craftster tutorial here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=356910.0. I have cut my own pattern out of newspaper and got some discounted scrap interfacing. I just need to pin it out. There is little room in a college dorm room.

I've had a mind to design my own fabric patterns, and draw/embroider them onto broadcloth.

Anyway, I've been backlogged with school, friends, drawing, gaming and the like. I just recently got We Love Katamari, the sequel to Katamari Damacy. So far it's a great expansion on the original. But KD still has a place in my heart.
I am testing out the new pattern I have for the lolita eyepatch, hopefully sometime this week.



Stay frilly, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment